The support for the star was already finished in December, but I was not happy with it. It could not hold a light and the way the pole was connected to the support base, was messy. Sometimes you need to put your mind to other things and then come back to suddenly see the light, or how it could be built in. And see how a change in one place can make things a whole lot easier in another… Perhaps you know what I mean. Perhaps not. Anyways, the star can now be put to shine somewhere. See here for more pictures and a free download of the design.
Perhaps a bit late, but now at least you have some time in advance to build this star for next Christmas. Last autumn, I finally found a way to make a football with Technic Lego. Then, since Christmas was near decided to try to make an advent star. Well, I finished it just in time but too late to make some pictures and post it. For more pictures and a download of the design, check out this page.